Re: install programs

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 4:48 AM, jerin <jeringeok@gmail.com> wrote:
> hai! i have just installed a debian operating system. i have many programs
> in cd for linux. but i cant install them. in XP by wizard it is easy
> installing. but double clicking files just open it.

Due to the vague and limited nature of your post, below is an
interpretation of what was given.

Does your issue involve not being able to "see" your cdrom? That is,
when you pop your disk in, are you expecting a nice little icon to
show up on your desktop that you click and it opens to show its
wonderful contents?

If so and your expectations are not being met, then, depending on your
set up, you may not get one because the cdrom doesn't automatically
mount. There is various documentation out there that you can find
(www.debian.org) to help. I googled 'debian mount cd' and
http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/doc/debian/ch-disks.html was the first hit.
I didn't look through it, but it's a start for you.

Also, as far as posting to the list . . . perhaps you could provide
more info about your set up so that we can be more specific with
regard to your issue(s) . . . eg. what desktop/wm are you using? What
version of Debian are you using? Dmesg? etc.

-Neal

--
www.nealhogan.net          www.lambdaserver.com