Re: Xorg starts only manually

Thanks, Mark, for your reply.

/etc/init.d/gdm exists, and when I run `update-rc.d gdm defaults` it
says "System startup links for /etc/init.d/gdm already exist."

But now that you mentioned the keyword "gdm", I saw that `aptitude
search gsm` says "c" as status for the gdm package. I tried
`dpgk-reconfigure gdm` which said more clearly "gdm is broken or not
fully installed". I then tried `aptitude purge gdm` and `aptitude
install gdm`. During install there are some warnings:

(...)
The home dir /var/lib/gdm you specified already exists.
Adding system user `gdm´ (UID 107) ...
Adding new user `gdm´ (UID 107) with group `gdm´ ...
The home directory `/var/lib/gdm´ already exists, Not copying from
`/etc/skel´.
adduser: Warning: The home directory `/var/lib/gdm´ does not belong to
the user you are currently creating.
(...)

But that was the solution! Thanks again!
Luc