Re: KDE is now broken (Fwd: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC) )

thveillon.debian wrote:
H.S. wrote:
H.S. wrote:
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
In <[🔎] 20090521174259.GA7739@cat.rubenette.is-a-geek.com>, lee wrote:
I refuse to run a
mysql-server just to get KDE installed. It's already bloated more than
enough. I'm not using the applications that would require the
mysql-server anyway.
Then don't install those applications.  Problem solved.
Which ones are those? I also got mysql with my KDE upgrade but would
like to get rid of it.

I removed mysql-server-5.0 and KDE appears to be working fine so far.
Here is what aptitude actually did:

$> sudo aptitude purge mysql-server-5.0 kontact libkcal2b

[...]
and then I continued by pressing Y.

Regards.

Hi,
I installed Amarok2 from experimental, and it depends on mysql only it
seems, so if you are using Amarok you are likely to see mysql coming
back soon...

Tom

Please show me how amarok depends on mysql, as I can see it depends on libqt4-sql and that recommends:

libqt4-sql-mysql
    Qt 4 MySQL database driver
or libqt4-sql-odbc
    Qt 4 ODBC database driver