Re: chrony discarding servers

On Fri, 22 May 2009 00:45:45 -0400
Daryl Styrk <darylstyrk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Because numeric IP addresses have been used, the first problem is
> overcome. The offline keyword indicates that the servers start in an
> offline state, and that they should not be contacted until chronyd
> receives notification that the link to the internet is present.
>
> Which seems logical to me because I use a laptop and not aways around an
> AP.  Section 3.2.2 contains the instructions to notify chronyd the system
> is connected via /etc/ppp/ip-up or as it would be on Debian
> /etc/ppp/ip-up/chrony which contains the following.

> So it would seem with a default installation everything should work as
> expected.

Just to go through the obvious, since you haven't told us how you're
connecting to the internet: *are* you connecting through ppp?  If so,
can you provide the relevant syslog from the period right before,
during and after you bring up the connection?  The log should give us a
clue as to why the sources aren't going online.

Celejar