Re: SAS Card Suggestions

I've heard good things about areca and 3ware cards. Personally using Adaptec 5808's here and quite happy with them.

Stay away from anything dell branded! Had used lots of cercs and percs, dell basically take Adaptec and LSI cards and braindamage the firmware. Specifically seen this on SATA cerc 2160sa, SCSI perc3 and perc4, and SAS perc5i cards. I have one machine with a perc6i that has average performance, but still shit compared to the others.