Re: Which 64-bit version to use

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 01:19:15AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> So, is the AMD64 ISO image, the appropriate one for a laptop with an
> Intel Core 2 Duo processor, or is the Intel IA-64 the appropriate image
> (and, if so, does it work?) ?

Yes, and yes. amd64 is used because AMD processors were the first to
have that technology, which subsequently was adopted by Intel as well
for theit processors (EM64T was the name they used). So, amd64 should
work just fine.

> Could someone please clarify which is the appropriate version to
> install, given the CPU and the 4GB of RAM?

I use amd64 on my 4 GB RAM laptop, and it works fine.

HTH.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah