SATA Card Suggestions

Please suggest a good brand/model with the following features:
 1. At least 11 SATA ports.
 2. PCI-X.
 3. On-board cache (preferably upgradable, but that's not required.)
 4. Battery backup for the cache available.
 5. Supported in Debian main (preferably Lenny).
 6. SMART access to individual drives.

I'm going to use software RAID instead of hardware RAID, so I don't actually
need any RAID features supported by the card, but I'm not opposed to them
being available.  I'm currently using an ARC-1160 from Areca, but it appears
to be dying so I need some replacement ideas.

I've heard 3Ware mentioned.  I could go with Areca again, although the SMART
access to individual drives does seem to give sane values when querying
Pass-Through drives while the controller is in RAID mode.  Perhaps it works
better with the controller in JBOD mode, but I'm still migrating some data
off of a HW raid set.