Re: LVM how to

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 07:17:48AM +1000, gianni wrote:
> how can I resize the LVM default partition layout of debian?
> the root is to small around 400mb... I looked around the web but it look
> like I need to do that from a rescue cd, which one should I use?
> any good link for a easy how to :)

No rescue CD required.

Install (if you can) the doc-linux-HOWTO package, or go to tldp.org and
read the LVM HOWTO.  It has examples of how to do most things.  Then
read the man pages for each command.  Basically, you have to shrink the
file system size (resize), then shrink (resize) the LV its on.  Then
grow (resize) the target LV, then grown (resize) the target filesystem.

Do a backup first, please.

Doug.