Re: No sound on fresh 5.01

On Tue,19.May.09, 00:15:03, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Thank You for Your time and answer, Andrei:
>
> > Google probably knows what modules you need.
> Probably, but how I can know?

By searching for the chip model ;)

> > Did you check dmesg for errors, what about lspci -vvv?
> Here what lspci -vvv says relating to audio card:
>
> 00:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738
> (rev 10) Subsystem: C-Media Electronics Inc CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio
>         Kernel modules: snd-cmipci

I have this card and it works very well. This should be the correct
module.

> 00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.
> VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controlle r (rev 40)
>         Kernel modules: snd-via82xx

VIA chips are usually found on motherboards.

> Seems to me that drivers are loaded, yet no sound...

Maybe the sound is not where you expect it, because according to your
lspci you have two cards. Did you try connecting the speakers/headphones
to the other card? How about disabling the built-in card in the
motherboard BIOS?

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)