Re: swapfile

Tiago Saboga wrote:
steef <debian.linux@home.nl> writes:

hi list,

starting up lenny, my machine hanged on 'activating swapfile swap' (or
something like that)
starting up my machine a second and third time did not give any
trouble at all.

is there a generally known reason for a computerstart hanging on
activating a swapfile?
in all those years i am using debian this never happened before.

It's happening too, exactly the same. That's just one machine; several
others are running just fine with lenny.

Tiago Saboga.

mmmmmm... guess it's a hardware problem: the hd maybe as roger suggested?? and, indeed, how trustworthy is smartmontools (smartctl -H /dev/hdx) ?

steef

steef