Re: bug #350639

Javier Barroso wrote:
Hi,
On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 9:31 PM, Freddy Freeloader <fredddy@cableone.net> wrote:
I'd like to point this bug out as it has been around now for 3 1/2 months
with no official resolution.  What's worse is that this bug was caused by
the Debian gnome-volume-manager maintainer.  Nobody else is responsible for
it.  He disabled automount when he compiled the gnome-volume-manager
package.
It seems resolved in unstable,

I think maintainer forgot about dup (linking) these bugs.

They are working in transition to gnome 2.26, so we should have patient.
Ummm.... It took me approximately 5 minutes to download the source, make the changes in debian-rules, and compile a new package. I can count on one hand the number of Debian package I have created, so, it can't take any longer for an experienced developer to do the same thing than it did for me.

I also think that waiting 3 1/2 months for a 5 minute fix before complaining is being patient.
Regards,