Feedback requested on the package magicfilter

Dear people,

I am the maintainer of the magicfilter package, which is a package for
converting files (say, Postscript or PDF) to printers. This is its long

 Magicfilter is a customizable, extensible automatic printer filter.
 .
 It translates the files that you send to a printer to a "language" that
 your printer can "understand". To accomplish this goal, it determines
 the type of the file that is to be printed and uses its "knowledge" to
 convert the file to something that is printable.
 .
 This is done by use of magicfilter's own magic database (a la file(1))
 to decide how to print out a given print job.

I have adopted this package in the last few weeks and I would really
appreciate some feedback on any aspect of it. The older maintainer has
kept this package updated since 1997 and I am preparing an update with a
newer upstream version.

But before I do anything "drastic" with the package, I would love to
know about your experiences.

The package is especially suited for small systems, especially those
running lpr or lprng.

Regards, Rogério Brito.