network-manager: internet access not working since update [was: Re: Help! Lost GDM-based Internet Access in Squeeze]

[sorry, wrong subject]

On Thu,14.May.09, 14:03:37, Ken L. Klaser wrote:

> The basic problem is this: I updated Debian Squeeze last night using a
> weekly scheduled Update Manager update (may have been first one since
> dist-upgrade, and since last night's update, Network Manager in Gnome
> (or the display manager GUI), doesn't seem to allow an Internet
> connection, while prior to the update it worked fine.  At terminal
> level, there certainly seems to be access (for example, elinks works),
> but in Gnome or the GUI level, not so.

Hello,

According to several reports here, update-manager is not working quite
right. The better alternative would be wicd, so you might try installing
that instead.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)