Re: keyboard problem

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:09:17 -0700, Enrique Morfin wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just installed testing (laptop and system) in hp dv6420la. I upgraded to testing (changed sources.list and dist-upgrade)

Note: My comment below assumes that you meant upgrading from testing to
      unstable here. (AFAIK, testing does not yet have the new input
      subsystem.)

> Then i install xorg xserver-xorg (xorg.conf empty)
> Then nvidia driver (it creates a non-empty xorg.conf).
>
> If i type xinit, i got X running, but the keyboard has some trubles:
>
> Each time i press any key, eg "a" it apears one "a".
> When i release the key, it apears another "a".
> So, each time i press and release any key, i always got 2 letters (sometimes 3).
>
> xorg.conf:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier "Keyboard0"
>     Driver "kbd"
>     Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
>     Option "XkbModel" "hpzt11xx"
>     Option "XkbLayout" "latam"
> EndSection
>
> I have tried XkbModel as pc104, pc105, the problem remains.
> I had also tried changing AutoRepeat option, with no luck.
>
> Any idea?

Comment out the input section or disable the addition of devices from
HAL events. More info here:

http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/InputHotplugGuide

          Florian   |