s2disk not working in lenny

When I do s2disk in lenny on my Thinkpad 40e it hangs -- black screen,
no response to any keypress. I have to press the power button and start
again. The image doesn't seem to be getting made, let alone stored.

On another Thinkpad (Z61M), using Sid, it works as expected.

I reported this as a bug; there are many similar though not identical
bugs listed for s2disk. I've tried changing /etc/uswsusp to  use
shutdown instead of platform but no joy. I just wondered if anyone can
suggest any other tweaks to try.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk