Re: filter utility to send cron e-mail only if unexpected output

Title: Re: filter utility to send cron e-mail only if unexpected output

Alex Samad wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 12:07:18PM -0400, Barclay, Daniel wrote:
>> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>>> Not that I know of.

> [snip]

> I have a script that checks for ppp session outages through syslog, I
> only want to be notified of changes, i save output and then diff it with
> new output.

Yeah, that might be a good way to do it too (not having to define as manually
what isexpected ).

Daniel
--
(Plain text sometimes corrupted to HTML "courtesy" of Microsoft Exchange.) [F]