Udev and device name unstable

Hi,

My DVD device is used to be /dev/dvd or /dev/dvdrw. But today
after I rebooted my box, there are no /dev/dvd or /dev/dvdrw
devices any more. They are changed to /dev/dvd1 and /dev/dvdrw1
instead.

This make it very inconvenient for me, since all my scripts (and
fstab) are using hard-coded /dev/dvd. Why is My DVD device name
get changed this time?  AFAIK, I didn't make any changes to the
system (package upgrading or config file changing).

Is there any way to tell udev to rescan the devices or specific
devices, so that I don't need to reboot to correct this?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/