Re: Help with dict-client in Lenny?

On Sun, 10 May 2009 18:29:56 -0600 "s. keeling" <keeling@nucleus.com>
shared this with us all:

>Hi.  I've two Lenny boxes, both pretty much hand-crafted (as in no
>"Desktop Environment" on install; I startx into fluxbox).
>
>On one of them, dict-client works as expected.  It brings the result
>up in a pager.  In the other box, no pager.  It just dumps it to
>stdout.  How do I change this, or track down the problem?  I've looked
>at bugs.debian.org, the manpage, googled "dict pager
>site:lists.debian.org", I can't see anything pertinent in /etc/dictd.
>I have no ~/.dict*.
>
>Thanks.

This may help from man dict:

-c file or --config file
              Specify  the  configuration  file.   The  default  is
to  try ~/.dictrc and /etc/dictd/dict.conf, using the first file that
exists.  If a specific  con‐ figuration file is specified, then the
defaults will not be tried.

Charlie
---
Registered Linux User:- 329524
If I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good
behavior. .......................................Henry David Thoreau

Debian, just the best way to create magic