debian speakup sid problem solved

I ended up having to use a sarge disk which installed lenny for me then upgraded to sid. I had to do this a couple different times because using an amd64 kernel on a k7 machine udev didn't like whtn it was time to boot into sid. I got an endless looping udev selected 408 unimplemented error until I corrected that mistake. the desktop environment isn't yet allowing me to log in; seems to time out too fast for me to type the username and password in then hit okay button. I think I'll get help on that problem tomorrow when a friend gets a look at what's going on.