Re: Confused about netinst

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 10:45:30PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> Could you please post the link?
>
> From my experience the installer can detect wifi cards (it will need
> firmware for many of them), but can't use WPA/WPA2 to connect (only
> WEP). Hope I'm not mistaken, it's been a while.
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

That has been my experience with the installer and a Intel Corporation
PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN.  You will run into a section asking you if
you'd like to load firmware from another device such as a USB disk.
However the one time I did try to load the firmware it failed.  That was a
while ago and could very easily been user error.  I asked about WPA/WPA2
support coming and was told it is being worked on and should be
incorporated in the Squeeze installer.

--
Daryl Styrk
Naples, FL USA