Re: Is Network-Manager freezing my system?

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Stefan Monnier
<monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> remedy is to hold down the power button until it powers down.  The
>> reason I suspect Network-Manager is twofold: (1) the freeze only
>
> It may very well be that network-manager triggers the bug, but such
> a freeze is clear evidence of a bug in (some part of) the kernel.
> So please report it there.

I assume that whoever responds to these bug reports has a better idea
than I do about where the fault lies.  As far as I could tell, and I
asked here first and had lots of confirmations, the fault rested with
network-manager, and so that's where I reported the bug.

Patrick