Re: how to use mplayer to convert real media audio file to mp3

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 23:03, Long Wind <longwind2009@gmail.com> wrote:
> It didn't work
> ffmpeg says "Unsupported codec (id=0) for input stream"
> I use ffmpeg from debian-multimedia for etch

Please don't top post.

Does your mplayer play the file alright? do you have win32codecs? Could you
upload the file somewhere so we could look at it, or is it confidential?

or you could just try this:
mplayer inputfile.rm -vo null -vc dummy -ao pcm:waveheader:file=output.wav

and then use lame to convert from wav to mp3

(mplayer can't  write out anything other than PCM (wav), and I can't figure out
how to make mencoder not require a video stream.)

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers