Re: GDM and gnome session malfunction
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: GDM and gnome session malfunction
- From: JoeHill <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 14:21:38 -0400
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <49F9694B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <49F873B3.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <49F96106.firstname.lastname@example.org> <49F9694B.email@example.com>
Brent Clark wrote:
> Paul Scott wrote:
> > There should be a gdm log somewhere.
> > Paul
> Or start gdm but yourself and see if you get anything from STDOUT or STDERR
> /usr/sbin/gdm --nodaemon
That got me goin'...
Turns out during the update, gdm got removed? Hmmm. Anyway, installed it,
started gdm and it's back to normal.
Still, I'd like to know how to start Gnome from text mode, for future :-\