12hrs difference with 'gcalcli quick' command

Hi,

I have gcalcli 1.4-1 installed on my debian system(2.6.24) lenny.

When I use the following command to create a new event, I got a 12hrs difference event in my google calendar.
$ gcalcli quick '11am 5/6 meeting with boss'
In google calendar view, the event was created as '11pm May 5th - meeting with boss'.

I checked the timezone on my system, it is 'American/Toronto', and the timezone in my google calendar settings, which is also 'American/Toronto'. So I guess there should be no inconsistencies of timezone info when syncing from commandline to server.

Here is the output of 'locales' on my system:
michael@debian:~$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"