Re: debian "apt" somehow created python hell - help!

Le samedi 02 mai 2009 à 15:06 -0400, Walter Lundby a écrit :
        The current apt state is that python apps are failing install
        in:
        /usr/sbin/update-python-modules

        typical error list looks like:

        dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit
        status 1
        dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
        WARNING: python-gtk2-doc.private does not exist.
                 Some bytecompiled files may be left behind.
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/sbin/update-python-modules", line 437, in <module>
            public_packages[package].install(need_postinstall)
          File "/usr/sbin/update-python-modules", line 232, in
        __getitem__
            self[name] = SharedFileList (path)
          File "/usr/sbin/update-python-modules", line 146, in __init__
            for line in file(path):
        IOError: [Errno 21] Is a directory

No, this is a problem with either python-gtk2-doc or your system, not
with python-support.

Please show the result of the following commands:
    ls -ld /usr/share/python-support/python-gtk2*
    dpkg -l python-gtk2-doc python-support

(Please keep me in the Cc, I’m not subscribed to debian-user).

Thanks,
--
 .''`.    Josselin Mouette -- Expert logiciels libres
: :' :                              BT Services