Re: How to change the defaults for the Xserver without modifiying the xorg.conf directly?

----- "Nuno Magalhães" <nunomagalhaes@eu.ipp.pt> a écrit :

> > a  dpkg-reconfigure  xserver-xorg asks me 0 questions...
>
> Rather annoying indeed, but doesn't that also create a backup of your
> current edited xorg.conf? Couldn't you use that for following
> updates?
it does! but i searched for a way to get along with the running auto-conf stuff...

in the meantime i played around with the settings-menu of gnome and tryed to modify
the layout, dead-keys and caps-lock behaviour there, and i managed to neutralize the capslock
(YEAH!) found out that i have a "compose" functionality to generate the accented chars on a
german kbd (at least my french friends will stop yelling at me for not writing our the accents)
but the compose is still less fast than dead-keys....

despite the fact of having changed the kbd layout to german, instead of german-nodeadkeys, i still haven't any deadkeys available....

ah and strange part, the xorg file changed! the keyboard part vanished from the conf file....
so if someone has a hint on how to get the dead-keys working....

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org