Re: RAID5 (mdadm) array hosed after grow operation (there are two of us)

also sprach Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@iguanasuicide.net> [2009.04.29.1808 +0200]:
> I'm down with LVM running something like:
> mdadm --has-superblock /dev/block/device
> for devices that have a PV header and refusing to automatically treat them
> as PVs if it returns success, as long as it doesn't affect md-on-LVM.  I
> haven't used it recently, but I generally do my luks/aesloop on top of LVM.
>
> The detection needs to be done by "md" itself, though, so that LVM doesn't
> have to have separately-maintained detection code that will eventually
> become out-of-date and leave us in the same situation.

Absolutely. I've put Neil Brown, upstream mdadm on Bcc so he can
pitch in if this is something he'd implement or accept patches for.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"alles sollte so einfach, wie möglich gemacht sein,
 aber nicht einfacher."
                                                    -- albert einstein