Re: how to play VOB files using xine?

Serge Khmelevsky wrote:

> Hi, some VOB files has the menus and I cannot understand how to handle
> such menus.
> My favorite video player is xine, so I have googled how to handle DVD
> menus with it and found something about libdvdcss and xine-dvdnav. I
> cannot find these packages in the repository.

Can you play DVD's at all? ie. play the video without the menus?

GXine will play DVD menus, and has a 'keypad' to mimic the navigation with the
remote.

If you cannot play DVD's at all, then you need libdvdread, and for that you
would need to enable the debian multimedia repository in your software sources.