Re: how to solve the dependency problem when installing kde in sid?

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
<bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
> In <[🔎] 6a8fced30904251018ud98b3f3na5ce6f0f0b15aae9@mail.gmail.com>, 明覺 wrote:
>>On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM, M. Henne <martin.henne@web.de> wrote:
>>> If you upgrade KDE currently, you most likely get KDE 4.2.2.
>>thanks, but I want to install kde3, not kde4, how could i install kde3?
>
> Then you don't want Sid, or at least not the KDE in Sid--4.2.2.  There are
> no plans to support having both KDE 3 and KDE 4 in any single version of
> Debian or to support co-installation on a mixed system.  (Well, the KDE 3
> libraries will remain available until no Debian package Depends on them.)
>
> You can still get KDE 3 from Lenny.  I think Squeeze is also using KDE 3 for
> now, but it will be updated to KDE 4 before release.  You may want to switch
> to one of these versions of Debian, or run some sort of mixed system and
> take advantage of the pinning system in APT.
thank you for the explanation! I have tried kde4 and found that I like
gnome more, so I decided to use gnome as my desktop already.

--
My platform is debian-sid-amd64 gnome kdevelop.