Re: how to solve the dependency problem when installing kde in sid?

In <[🔎] 6a8fced30904251018ud98b3f3na5ce6f0f0b15aae9@mail.gmail.com>, 明覺 wrote:
>On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM, M. Henne <martin.henne@web.de> wrote:
>> If you upgrade KDE currently, you most likely get KDE 4.2.2.
>thanks, but I want to install kde3, not kde4, how could i install kde3?

Then you don't want Sid, or at least not the KDE in Sid--4.2.2.  There are
no plans to support having both KDE 3 and KDE 4 in any single version of
Debian or to support co-installation on a mixed system.  (Well, the KDE 3
libraries will remain available until no Debian package Depends on them.)

You can still get KDE 3 from Lenny.  I think Squeeze is also using KDE 3 for
now, but it will be updated to KDE 4 before release.  You may want to switch
to one of these versions of Debian, or run some sort of mixed system and
take advantage of the pinning system in APT.