Re: Bash Session

I'd suggest any tasks that they frequently do by hand.  What do school
teachers in your community use their Linux machines for?  Any way to
speed that up?  Parsing text files perhaps, doing file conversions or
concatenating documents they might have to deal with (pdfs?) or
something like that?

Typically your audience will be most interested if they can see the
relevance to their lives of your material.