Re: debian and ubuntu

Hi

For servers i'd definitely go for Debian. Ubuntu's commercial and you
can't be sure if it'll provide support in the future and how. At least
with Debian you know where you're standing at all times.

I'd still go for Debian over Ubuntu but i'm biased, i'm kind of
allergic to Ubuntu. ;) I'd probably recommend Ubuntu for someone who
was coming from Redmond into GNU/Linux, unless i was doing the
install.

All in all the big issue is probably the drivers: if you want new
and/or proprietary out-of-the-box, then Ubuntu.

HTH,
Nuno Magalhães

/\  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto