Re: hal documentation

Kelly Clowers wrote:
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 15:36, Paul Scott <paslist@ultrasw.com> wrote:
Hi,

How can I learn how to tell Hal about my monitor's frequencies so I can fix
the resolution?

Running Debian sid.  I have spent lots of time Googling, etc. with no
answers.

FWIW the monitor is a Dell 770
Horizontal scan range : 30 - 70 kHz (automatic)
Vertical scan range : 50 - 160 Hz (automatic)

I think for output devices that do not properly autoconfigure, you either
continue to use xorg.conf

I will try that.  I was trying to learn to work with the "new" way.
or you use xrandr (in a script or something).

xrandr 1.2 info:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=927
http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/HowToRandR12

xrandr seems to use the faulty info from Hal and won't go above 800x600.

Thanks,

Paul