Re: voip that works on linux and windows

MList <adsrtg-mlist@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Is there some program that can run on both linux and windows that
> provide voip (and perhaps video) other than Skype?

If you want to go with Standards and PSTN interoperability, I'd recommend
anything that supports the SIP protocol. I use Twinkle; others probably
use Ekiga. Windows users have the choice of several softphones. (I don't
know about Mac users, sorry.) Even better, there's hardware out there
that supports SIP (I use a Linksys Sipura SPA3102) so the phone works
even when the computers are all off.

If you take a shufty around the (relatively recent) archives for usenet
group uk.telecom.voip, you'll see similar questions - and answers -
crop up regularly.

Chris