Re: How to remove source packages updating on apt-get update?

Thank You for Your time and answer, Sven:

> Not really, there is a misunderstanding here.  Although its name
> suggests it, srcpkgcache.bin is _not_ a cache for source packages but
> rather a cache for packages from remote sources, see apt-cache(8).

I've read the manual but did not understand Your saying "a cache for
packages from remote sources". If You would, please explain in other
words.

> To get rid of remnants for old deb-src entries in sources.list, remove
> /var/lib/apt/lists/*Sources* instead.

I've checked the dir. w/

ls | grep Source

it returned empty string. Still, after yesterday's update, I see both

pkgcache.bin
srcpkgcache.bin

are updated and almost of the same size: 14553423 and 14503826
respectively.