Re: How to remove source packages updating on apt-get update?

On 2009-04-19 19:30 +0200, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> In <[🔎] 49eb5de6.9e03be0a.7ac0.6f89@mx.google.com>, Sthu Deus wrote:
>>I have all deb-src containg strings commented in sources.list, but on
>>
>>apt-get update
>>
>>I notice that in
>>
>>/var/cache/apt
>>
>>both,
>>
>>pkgcache.bin
>>srcpkgcache.bin
>>
>>are updated. Is correct behaviour?
>
> Yes.
>
> The srcpkgcache.bin should be mostly empty though, since no source packages
> are available.

Not really, there is a misunderstanding here.  Although its name
suggests it, srcpkgcache.bin is _not_ a cache for source packages but
rather a cache for packages from remote sources, see apt-cache(8).

To get rid of remnants for old deb-src entries in sources.list, remove
/var/lib/apt/lists/*Sources* instead.

Sven