Re: need a browser that can stream video well

On 2009-Apr-18, at 7:03 AM, raman narasimhan wrote:

I'm a big fan of youtube. I use Chrome in windows to watch videos online. but in debian I've tried Iceweasel and Epiphany and was not satisfied. both took a lot of time to stream videos. please suggest a good browser

I'm not aware of any browsers that support video directly, so I think you're asking the wrong question. Video in a web browser is handled by plug-ins for MPEG, QuickTime, Flash, etc. and different browsers on the same system are most likely going to use the same plug-in. You'll want to experiment with different plug-ins to see which gives the best performance. (This is easier said than done.)

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

The magnitude of a problem does not affect its ownership.