Re: KDE4 dual monitor window maximizing behaviour

Kent West wrote:

> but I'm glad (?!)
> to see I'm not the only one. The problem is irritating, ain't it?

It is. One of my favourite benefits using linux is to be able to
work fast with less mouse usage. Not 'no mouse' but only mouse
where it makes sense (Drawings, GUI-Development). KDE 3.5 (without
the bug) supported my working style very well.

To resize and position each and every window that opens is a pain.

Not only that the maximizing does not work correctly, I could not
tell KDE to open windows on monitor "1" (the right one that is
in front of me). They always pop up either in the center or
at the left monitor (which is placed on the left corner of my
office table).

As KDE4 has some more drawbacks even in Version 4.2.2, I lost some
good arguments for linux in linux courses I give for people who
want to switch from Windows, but that's another story... I wished
they would call it KDE 3.99 beta or something.

By the way: Does anybody know, where I can get a little input line on
a task bar to start applications directly like it was available for
KDE 3 and like it's available in icewm when pressing CTRL-Space?

--
Martin