Re: tftpd-hpa fails to start.

On Friday 17 April 2009 12:14:52 Nuno Magalhães wrote:
> Hi, i'm having a slight issue following this article [1]. My client
> will boot through PXE and find the host, then it won't find an image
> and keeps on showing TFTP timeouts.

  I ran into this recently -- it turned out that the non-hpa TFTP
had previously been installed on the machine, but even though it
had been removed and purged, there was still a tftp entry in
/etc/inetd.conf.  Consequently, inetd was listening on the tftp
port, and prevented the tftp-hpa from starting.

  I only found it by doing "netstat" -- because it's inetd
triggered, the "bad" tftp doesn't show up in the process list.

  The fix, of course, is to just remove that line from
inetd.conf.

					-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net