Re: default web browser

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 19:00:05 +0000 (UTC)

> Here's your problem. For some reason you are missing the
> x-www-browser=20 link. You could try:
>
> # update-alternatives --auto x-www-browser
> # aptitude reinstall iceweasel
> # aptitude purge iceweasel && aptitude install iceweasel

Thanks for the suggestion.  Instead, I manually set the link via
update-alternatives --set option.  So, the x-www-browser link is now
correct.  However, OOo3 still uses lynx.  I'm not sure what to do,
though I think I'll now open a new thread on the update-alternatives
python-gtk mess I've got.

I can't wait to discover what else is screwed up on my system.

Mark