Re: tftpd-hpa fails to start.

Hi

> Hi, i'm having a slight issue following this article [1]. My client
> will boot through PXE and find the host, then it won't find an image
> and keeps on showing TFTP timeouts.

did you check if tftp is running on you server ?
# ps -A | grep tftp

> The thing is, to use the articles example, instead of:
> root@itchy:~# /etc/init.d/tftpd-hpa start
> Starting HPA's tftpd: in.tftpd.
> root@itchy:~#
>
> i get:
> root@itchy:~# /etc/init.d/tftpd-hpa start
> Starting HPA's tftpd: in.tftpdroot@itchy:~#
>
> There's an echo "." in /etc/init.d/tftpd-hpa but it doesn't get that
> far, it just quits. My boot files are in /var/lib/tftpboot and my
> /etc/default/tftpd-hpa is this:
> #Defaults for tftpd-hpa
> RUN_DAEMON="yes"
> OPTIONS="-l -s /var/lib/tftpboot"

it seems all ok.
You could try to get your file usinf a tftp client (tftp - Trivial
file transfer protocol client)
It's the better way to test if your tftp server works.

> I'm using unstable's tftp-hpa 0.49 and don't see any tftp log in /var/log.

I run a 0.43-1.1, and i miss the log in /var/log too.

Regards