Re: Blank CDRW wierdness

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 14:16 +0300, Aioanei Rares wrote:
> John W Foster wrote:
> > I have Debian Lenny on a box that I use to burn Data CD's on I have
> > recently noticed that when I burn one and for some reason need to read
> > it on the Debian box, it says I have inserted anothe 'blank' CD. It will
> > no longet read it. I have been using  GnomeBaker to do this. I can read
> > them just fine on a Windows XP box. If I want to add data to them from
> > time to time I can not do it. Any ideas?
> >
> What flavor of Debian are you using? What brand/type of hardware? What
> kernel?
I'm using the recently updated stable. I decided that this must be
because the CDRW device is a very old Mitsumi piece. I don't use it
often so I do not know exactly when this started. I currently believe
this is the result of the kernel moving past obsolete devices. CDRW is
at least 14 years old.
Thanks!
--
John Foster