Re: Synaptic or Python error?

Sven Joachim wrote:

> On 2009-04-16 19:32 +0200, JoeHill wrote:
>
> > Getting this error after any installing any packages with Synaptic:
> >
> >  E: python-elementtree: subprocess post-installation script returned
> > error exit status 2
> >
> > I see this error occurs a lot when I search on it, but I can't tell if it's
> > a Python error or something with Synaptic.
> >
> > I'm running a mixed Testing and Unstable system.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Use the BTS, Luke: http://bugs.debian.org/python-elementtree directly
> leads to bug #524303, which seems to be exactly your problem.

In the future, I will use that :-)

I'm still not expert enough, though, to tell from that bug whether this is
something that would affect other python processes. I am trying to run
gnome-shell, and getting a python error, so not sure if they are related. The
error in this other case does not mention python-elementtree, though.

Thanks!