Re: Is it secure to use testing/backport repos for production server?

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 09:50:46PM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good day.
>
> Is it secure to use testing/backport repos for production server?
>
> Thank You for Your time.

It's really your choice. Backports is probably a lot safer than testing,
but personally I haven't had a real problem in my two years of running
Debian testing.

It really all depends how well you know Debian, and how mission-critical
the server is; or if it's a single-user or multi-user system -- There
are a lot of factors to take into account.

Realistically, the most 'secure' choice would be to use stable with
backports, but most things are still outdated. And for a production
environment you need up-to-date software; in cases like these
I'd recommend using testing.

--
		  http://fuzzydev.org/~pobega
		    http://identi.ca/pobega