Re: checking boot partition with fsck

Vwaju wrote:
> On Apr 13, 1:10 pm, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <edua...@kalinowski.com.br>
> wrote:
>
>> You should say _why_ you cannot boot. Does GRUB or LILO load? What
>> messages are shown?
>>
>> And please do not start threads unnecessarily. Just reply to the
>> appropriate messages with the new information.
>>

> Thanks for your help, Eduardo.
>
> I started a new thread because the original one seemed to have been
> hijacked. (Please see "meta-question for debian users" for an
> explanation and query as to how this happened.)

Someone did hijack your first (I believe) thread. This is unfortunate,
but it does not prevent replies to that. However, since then you've
started another four or five threads.

Anyway, you haven't told us what happens during boot, when it stops and
with which messages. Without that, we cannot help you very much.

--
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the double lock will keep;

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI