Re: [Partially solved] Re: Locale errors

I ran into this too. Same problem -- extra set of quotes in the environment variables after doing "sudo -i" .

I put

LANG=C
LANGUAGE=C
export LANG
export LANGUAGE

at the end of /root/.bashrc and the problem went away. But now that two of us have seen it, I think there's a bug in "sudo -i".

Rick