Re: Beginner's tip for transferring large directories between systems when sshd not allowed (e.g. between VMWare host and guest)

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 04:00:37AM -0700, DanKegel wrote:
> Here's a tip that might come in handy when
> transferring large directory trees between systems
> where running sshd isn't allowed.
>
> I use vmware occasionally, and when I do, I sometimes need
> to transfer large directory trees between the host and guest.
> The corporate Linux laptop I'm using doesn't allow
> running sshd, so scp (or, better, tar -f - foo | ssh blah cat)
> isn't an option.
>
> Instead, I used nc and ufw to create a one-time hole and suck the data

very strange setup to diss allow sshd but to allow nc !

but then again at my work ipsec is dissallowed, but ssh and telnet is
allowed strange

[snip]

--
"There a huge trust. I see it all the time when people come up to me and say, 'I don't want you to let me down again.'"

	- George W. Bush
10/03/2000
Boston, MA