Re: Sid update would like to remove most xorg packages and drivers

On 2009-04-09 21:21 +0200, Nick Lidakis wrote:

> Doing a dselect update and dselect install to day gives me the following:

Why do you use dselect to manage upgrades?  IMO, that is a nice way to
torture yourself.

> I understand that there is some kind of transition from Xorg 7.3 to
> 7.3, but if I answer yes here I think I'll be left without a usable X.
> Do I just wait a while?

Yes, wait until xserver-xorg and xserver-xorg-core are available for
your architecture.  The new x11-common conflicts with the current
xserver-xorg version, and "dselect install" seems to be equivalent to
"apt-get dist-upgrade".  These commands are very dangerous on sid,
because they may remove large parts of the system in order to upgrade as
many packages as possible.

Sven

--
I was attacked by dselect as a small child and have since avoided
debian.  -- Andrew Morton