Re: accessing debian-unofficial

On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 10:22 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is a well known problem with known solutions that seem to skip over
> some thing or other that I don't understand.  I have Googled and found
> several answers all of which haven't given me all the steps I need.  I
> would appreciate any help anyone can give.
>
> W: GPG error: http://ftp.debian-unofficial.org sid Release: The
> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> available: NO_PUBKEY 394D199524C52AC3
>
> TIA,
>
> Paul Scott
> running squeeze/sid

You don't have a public key for their archive installed on your local
system. Instructions for doing so are here
<http://www.debian-unofficial.org/faq.html>, although it only lists a
2008 key. I don't use their archive, so I've no idea if it is still
valid for 2009. If not, you could contact the site maintainers to ask
for an updated .asc file.

--
Mark McCorkell <markmccorkell@tiscali.co.uk>
"At least you can ignore my inanity, I'm stuck with it for life"