Trouble burning netinstall CD

Twice I just brned the install CD, downloaded from
 http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.0/i386/iso-cd/debian-500-i386-
netinst.iso

from the link on http://debian.org/releases/lenny/debian-installer/

I get an iso file, the MD5 checksum checks out, but when I burn it using
k3b it burns uneventfully, but the readback vheck fails.

I had no such trouble burning the Debian live CD.  It burned and verified
cleanly.

Is anything wrong with the image?  Should I try another? Or is something
really weird going on?  Such as k3b having trouble burning a second
(different) CD unless you shut it down and restart it?

-- hendrik